Skip to main content

Me and Mr. Hollywood - Chapter 5

It was still pretty early for the club when we got there, so there wasn't too much craziness going on inside. Bella spotted someone she knew off towards the back corner of the club and grabbed me to start walking without a word.
"You see Toya and Cherry," I asked in confusion. Bella seemed super excited to get to whoever it was she had peeped.
"No girl, it's my other home girls I told you we was gon click up wit."
"And who the fuck are they," I asked in disgust. I already knew Bella had invited other friends out with us, but I didn't like meeting new people. As sweet and warm as I was, I had a mean petty streak. I hated meeting new bitches in the club and I was in no mood to be out with a large group. I was always doing any and everything for Bella's spoiled ass. I was more than disappointed that Toya and Cherry weren't there first. I should have expected the other bitches though because that was just my luck.

"Hey girls! You ladies look yummy," Bella exclaimed as we approached three flamboyantly dressed women at a small VIP table. "This is my best friend that I never ever shut up about, Cori. You guys have to love her cuz she's my baby," added Bella. The women looked over in my direction with fake greetings as they pretended to be interested in Bella's introduction for me. She introduced the women to me one by one starting with the one sitting closest to me on the left. "Cori, this is Ginger, Chrissy, and this is my honey dip Violet.
Ginger was just that, an extremely pale black girl with fire red hair. Her full body was being suffocated to death by a too small spandex dress covered in leopard print. He shoes were pretty awesome though, they were leopard print open toe booties that laced up to the ankle. The only problem with them was that the color scheme didn't quite match up to the color of the print on the dress. Chrissy was a hug disappointment because her face was probably the prettiest out of the three bitches, but she was dressed the worst. She had on a black mesh bodysuit that was completely see through and nothing on underneath. The bodysuit smashed her boobs, causing them to sit up horribly. She tried to pair the bodysuit with the white track pants, but they just didn't go together. The track pants were the swishy kind and she wore them with sandal style kitten heals. She tried, but there was no element of style there at all. The last girl she introduced me to, Violet, looked immaculate, as much as I hated to admit it. Her dress was black and long sleeved with an extremely low neck line. It basically came down to here belly button. The neckline was adorned with a cage detail that extended around her waist and down the side of her legs. Her boots were close to perfection with the matte black suede material hugged her skin from her ankles to up over her knees.

'Nice to meet y'all," I said in the most polite tone I could find. The one she introduced last, Violet, there was something about her that irritated my spirit more than the other two at the table. It didn't help that she couldn't seem to stop eyeing me like I just stole all her snacks or something. I mean baby girl's face was so sour, I thought she must have known me from somewhere else. She didn't bother to play nice like the other two, Ginger and Chrissy. They at least pretended to care who I was, asking about how I met Bella, what I did with myself, you know, typical small talk bull shit. But not violet. If you didn't know any better you would have believed we were well acquainted at one point, the way she kept staring.

The craziest part about it all was that Bella didn't seem to have noticed any of it. She was acting so weird, smiling, and giggling like an idiot. You would have thought her big crush had just walked over and she forgot how to act like a normal person. It got awkwardly silent, the longer we spent at their table. None of us were really interested in getting to know each other beyond what little we already did. Besides, Violet's tense energy was getting difficult to ignore, even her other two friends seemed to feel a little uncomfortable sitting there. Finally I said something to Bella, breaking the silence. "Bella, I'm gonna go to the bathroom right quick and grab a drink," I said while walking in the opposite direction of the table. "Come find me when you're done," I added and then I was gone. I didn't even bother acknowledging Bella's friends. I wanted to get far away from those girls and their stank ass energy. I just didn't see the point in pretending with the friendliness anymore.

I found my way to the back of the club where the dressing room and the bathrooms were located. The inside of the bathroom looked like it belonged in a princess's palace. The walls were covered in a velvet tufted material in deep red and royal blue tones. The carpet was also a matching deep red, covered in metallic gold baroque print. There were some beauty products placed around the lavish sinks that were designed like the ones that go inside of spas and nail salons. There was lingerie and heels decorating every available corner, in just about every color imaginable. There were shiny heels, sparkly heels, latex heels, lingerie covered in feathers, lace, leather, chains and fur. The best part about walking into that bathroom was the wonderful perfume smell that hit you as soon as you walked in, but didn't over power. I couldn't place the name or the brand, but whatever it was, it was the best I had ever smelled. It was if you could close your eyes and imagine you were lost in the botanical gardens. The crazy thing was, the scent was so familiar like I had tried it on before, but I would remember a scent so distinct. I tried to juggle my memory briefly before giving up. I figured I must have smelled the perfume before at a department store, or maybe on someone who passed by while I was out somewhere.

I wasted more then enough time playing around in the beautiful bathroom, and I knew Bella was probably at the bar wondering where the hell I had been. I quickly went to wash my hands before checking my hair and make up for perfection. Everything was in it's place and it was finally time to get the turn up started. As I was drying my hands by the door, I overheard and obnoxiously high pitched voice coming towards the door. I could recognize that cartoonish voice in any crowd and I don't think I had ever been more excited to hear it until that moment. I looked up to see Cherry strutting her fun sized body through the bathroom door. She looked so adorable in her caged boots that covered 70% of her short legs. Her outfit was simple, yet she always exuded so much style no matter what. I was surprised that she wasn't cold in her denim booty shorts and deep v-neck wrap crop top. She spotted me as soon as she turned the corner to come inside completely. You could tell from her reaction that I wasn't the only one excited we had run into each other. I loved hanging out with Cherry. She was fun and such a sweetheart. But she was also down for whatever when it came to whoever was rolling with her. I was just glad I wouldn't be stuck with the Bitches of East Brunswick.
"Cori is that you?! Aye mama, it's so good to see you," she exclaimed.
"It wonderful to see you too gorgeous. You look so great Cherry. Every time I see you your body is fucking snatched."
"It's the pole mamacita. I keep telling Bella she need to drag your scary ass out here to get you right. Why you so scared of making money, boo?"
Cherry was always trying to peer pressure me into stripping. According to her, I needed to loosen up and learn how to be sexy. It wasn't that I didn't know how to be sexy, I just wasn't as comfortable expressing that side of myself as the other girls. I had a subtle sexiness and that worked for me. The charm to my sexiness was my brain. As cliche as that sounds, I could get anything I wanted from just about any man because I always knew what to say and when to say it. Of course it didn't hurt that I was also a pretty face and few could say they ever had me.

I laughed Cherry off to avoid the conversation from going any further. My answer wasn't going to change and she never knew how to stop once she got started. We started to drift out of the door as I began to change the topic at hand, "Where's Toya," I asked looking around as if she would pop out at any moment.
"She's over there at the bar with Bella," she replied as she pointed straight ahead of her to the circular bar surrounding the stage. When we joined Bella and Toya, they were already deep into their drinks. From the way they broke out laughing after Cherry and I ordered drinks to catch up, I could tell they were feeling pretty nice. 'But when did they have time to get this it', I thought to myself. I knew I was bull shitting in the bathroom but I couldn't have been in there any longer than ten minutes.
"What took ya bitches so long in the bathroom though," asked a typsy Toya.
"The typical girl bull shit. Playing in the mirror and talking shit," I snapped back at her before we all broke out into laughter.
"But, oh, you guys," I started to speak again. "But why does that bathroom smell so damn good?"
"Oh you talking bout that oil perfume shit they leave in there," Toya asked, being that she was the only one who bothered to pay me any attention.
"Yeah. It smells amazing. I know you know where it came from or at least someone who might know. I know I smelled it before, I just can't figure out from where."
"Yeah girl I gotchu," she said as she took another sip of her drink. "Matter of fact, you see ole girl over there?" She pointed to the back corner where Bella and I met her other friends. They were still sitting at the table looking like a bunch of sour puss's. You could barely make out their faces under the constant changing of the bright club lights. They honestly looked like a witches trio, plotting on who and when they would cast their next spell. "Oh. Bitch, never mind then," I said only half joking before returning my attention back to the rest of our group.

 Bella and Cherry had just ordered us all a round of tequila shots and started grinding on one another as they waited for Toya and I to get ready. I hated tequila shots with a fiery passion and I had already been drinking brown all night. Everyone had already picked up their glasses so I just followed suit. I didn't want to kill the vibe of the little moment we were about to have. Right before everyone's glasses lifted, to toast to our fun and prosperous night, something made me look down at my phone. It had been on silent since I woke up from my nap earlier that day so I hadn't paid it much attention. I unlocked my phone to see a grocery lists full of texts all from Donovan. I sat the phone down again, on it's face as we took our shots. Once everyone finished sucking on their lime slice and our screwed up faces returned back to normal, I excused myself to step off to the bathroom again. At that point I had calmed down, mostly thanks to alcohol, and I was curious to see what Donovan had to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom

Days have come and gone and yet my heart still feels incomplete. Half there, half missing as I embark on this journey of endurance called life and self discovery. I've managed to stay afloat, to keep my head above water even as the chaotic waves         jerk me              around    violently. Constantly thrown                by the weight of                                off track the pressure I feel to make it. So many times where I want nothing more than to stop swimming... Yes there are times when I want nothing more than to sit it stillness and wait as I see how long for those life altering waves to consume me. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Will it be success or will it be one disastrous storm after another, destroying everything in its path until there's no longer any hope to lose.

What is born under water?

"I was born under water"...I'm actually surprised by the amount of questions I get on this because it is a song lyric, but at the same time I get it. It's not the first thing that pops into your head. Anyway....before I get into the explanation of the the meaning of these lyrics and it's significance to me, I want to take the time to introduce myself which will lead to my point of explaining these lyrics. I am Kennie. I like to go by Kennie because it's easier for people to say for some weird reason. Kennie is short for Akenya...an African name my father insisted I have (very pro black, explains where I get it from). It means artist basically or something like that based on the book he got it from. (Fun fact: it's a man's name. Lol) However doing my own research I haven't been able to find the information from the name book he has. I did find a name that sounded like a variation of my name "Akinyi" and it's of East African or

an excerpt of a poem entitled Thirteen Ways to Watch a Flower

In the sun as her beams shine, Sits the flower center stage Basking in all the glory Fresh scent of Mother Earth all around I lay back as if I am apart of nature And inhale the beauty of one flower It sways and rocks to and fro Like the curves of a woman Dancing in the night Listen closely as you hear the bees Buzzing around to find that one flower That will be the one to share her sweet nectar - Akenya Jenné