Skip to main content

Me and Mr. Hollywood - Chapter 7

I get back out to the bar to Bella, Cherry, and Toya who are all completely drunk at this point, but still holding it all together pretty well. They were dancing to a reggae/dancehall/reggaeton mix being spun effortlessly by the house DJ. The club was one of the few night spots I had been to in NYC with a DJ who was black and a woman. Most of the staff inside Bella's club were black women so I felt a lot less guilty about all the money I ended up spending in the club.

"Bout damn time ma. SHIT!" Bella exclaimed as I made my way closer to where she was standing. "I thought I was gonna have to come back in that bitch and drag yo ass out," she joked as she elbowed me in my side. I managed a slight smile across my face. but it was far from convincing. I didn't want the girls thinking something was wrong while were supposed to be partying. I really hated for people to worry themselves about me or make a big fuss out of a personal situation. I realized immediately that I would have to improve on my acting skills within the next five seconds or I wouldn't be able to get them to believe that everything was fine for long. I mean of course everything wasn't okay, but they didn't need to know that, at least not in that moment. Before Bella could investigate my phony smile, I threw on the biggest and brightest smile I could find before asking the girls, "who all wants shot of whisky? On me."

No one protested to the free shots, not that I expected them to. We all through the brown liquor straight to the back of our throats so we could get it down faster and avoid the bite from the alcohol. My hands started to quiver from the nerves I was attempting to swallow back with the shots. My face felt flushed at the thought of Violet, the girl who interrupted Donovan and I earlier, had been right under my nose the whole time. I held down the burning liquor as I realized the one who had brought this all together was Bella. I knew she hung out with some wack bitches, but this was just too much. To actually be out together at a club with the same woman who barged into my friends home...this would was entirely too small in that moment.

I looked up at her while now sipping on a jack and coke. I didn't quite get Donovan saw in her, but I guess if you could get past the horrible sense of style it did make some sort of sense. Her body was the typical stripper body these days with her round breasts and more than enough ass she was carrying on her back, but that's it. Maybe I was just being a hater because of who she was. Honestly, in that moment, with all the different factors in play, I didn't care. Suddenly a light bulb went off in my mind and a slight grin formed slowly across my face. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em, I thought to myself as a took another sip of my drink. The alcohol was fueling the thought process going on in my head as I plotted on how to regain the power I was losing gradually in that situation. I grabbed ahold of Bella's waist to pull her in closer so that I wouldn't have to scream. She was standing next to me, mindlessly swaying her hips to the beat of the music as she laughed at a little too much at some strange guy's joke. I couldn't hear what it was that he said to her, but I could tell it wasn't that funny. I didn't even notice him when he came over. He seemed like a street nigga, but looks could be deceiving, especially when meeting a nigga in a strip club.

I put my lips close to Bella's ear. She leaned into me, but her eyes remained on ole boy who was watching us with a now, threatened expression. Taken back by his sudden mood swing , I whispered to Bella, "The fuck is his problem." My overprotective nature was beginning to make an appearance because something about this stranger was signaling plenty of red flags.
"Girl don't pay him no mind. He's one of my regulars and gotta attitude cuz I'm not working," bella responded nonchalantly.
"Umm do you need smack a bottle upside son's head? Who the fuck does he think he is," I questioned , my voice getting slightly too loud. The man snapped his head in our direction as if someone called for him. His expression was still a threatened one, but now it was mixed with concern. If I had no clue who Bella was you would have thought this man was her in a relationship with her, the way he was acting.
"I'm gonna go be a friendly bitch and try to include your other lil friends you invited. Do you need me to wait til this nigga goes away? I will cut the fuck out this nigga Bella. You know me." Needless to say I was pretty tipsy at this point. Heat was radiating throughout my body from deep within.
"No baby. I'm fine. Cherry and Toya are still right here and everyone working knows who I am, so they'll look out, ma." Bella replied in her innocent voice paired with reassuring eyes.
"Okay," I said unconvinced that I had nothing to worry about. I looked on at the man hesitantly before looking back at Bella once more for confirmation. She pecked me quickly on the corner of my mouth before stating, "Cori I promise. Take your drunk ass on. Go," she instructed before letting out a few giggles.

As soon as my back was turned my facial expression shifted and I forgot all about Bella and her flirty customer. A wave of confidence came over me as I mentally prepared myself for whatever would happen once I approached the small table off in the back corner. As I got closer, Ginger was the first to notice me coming, signaling Violet to look my way. Immediately I noticed how odd that was. Was it possible that Violet figured out who I was too? Had they been over there in their corner, talking about me all night? I know that I made a noisy exit when I left Donovan's house, but there was no way she saw me.

Chrissy was off in her own little world surrounded by a trio of buff hood niggas in drugs underneath their fitted hats. They were drooling over her like a pack of wild dogs hovering above a dead raw carcass, and she was loving every minute of it. It almost looked staged, the way they just hovered above her groveling while she basked in every ounce of attention she was receiving. Ginger and Violet had secluded themselves from the group that had formed around Chrissy. They seemed to be somewhat annoyed by the small gathering of men. They stared over at the group with side eyes and squints as they whispered amongst each other. Disgust was written all over their faces as they continued to watch the men grovel. A part of me couldn't even blame them. It was ridiculous to witness. I was embarrassed for them even if they weren't. I wasn't surprised by the shade coming from Ginger and Violet at all though. They seemed to be in a hating mood since the evening started and their cuter friend was the only one receiving attention.

I took a breath and swallowed my nerves before getting closer to the girls. I even added a fake smile for good measure, not that, that would soften them up any. Ginger decided to play nice and greeted me with a dry, "Hey girl"!
"Hey ladies, y'all having fun," I asked enthusiastically. I was a damn good actress when the pressure was on. The girls snapped their heads towards each other, smirking when they made eye contact. I was slightly offended by how openly rude they were, but I pretended not to notice. I maintained my enthusiastic appearance as their eyes pierced through me like daggers. I was almost certain Violet knew of who I was after what happened next. But who knows, coincidences do happen I guess.
"Yeah, we 'ight Corinne. What's up," Violet responded as her eyes continued to stab me while she peered over her drink. It was starting to get under my skin that she couldn't even pretend to be nice to me. We were both adults with a mutual friend. What was so hard about being respectful of one another for the sake of the turn up. I rolled my eyes before speaking again. I needed to collect my thoughts before speaking again. I didn't want to go off on this bitch, but I wanted to make it clear that she was pushing it.

"It's Cori, ma," I snapped as I let out a sarcastic chuckle. "But that's cool...you ladies didn't wanna come over to the bar and take shots with us," I asked. Not from genuine concern, but because I was interested in digging for more information. That question was just the nob to turn on the faucet.
"We were trying to avoid the thirst buckets," Violet replied again as she made another side eye in the direction of Chrissy and her gang of guys. Damn, that girl was such a hater. Ginger looked to her in admiration every time Violet opened her mouth. She didn't speak after she initially greeted me, but instead smiled and nodded approvingly like the perfect little hype man.
"Luckily, that ain't been too much of a problem for y'all tonight has it," I asked sweetly as I looked to them with innocent eyes.

Flames ignited behind Violet's eyes. You could tell it wasn't often that she came across someone that could play the game just as good as her, or maybe their wasn't anyone willing to go there with her before, but I had time that night. It wouldn't be long though, before I realized that, that wasn't a good idea. She paused from taking a sip from her drink and stared deep into my soul. She searched my eyes to see how serious I was. The pause was awkward and seemed exceptionally long as we all stared back at one another, not really sure of what to say or what to think of the conversation so far. I shifted the weight of my body from leg to leg, my hands laid idle at my side. This conversation was beginning getting increasingly uncomfortable and I was regretting going over there in the first place. As my liquid courage began to fade, I noticed that I wasn't feeling so bold anymore.
"Ugh, I cannot wait to get in the house," Violet stated plainly as if she didn't notice the insult I slang at her. She was talking to Ginger, but still projecting enough that I still felt apart of the conversation.

"Why what's at home girl," Ginger asked truly excited for her answer. I rolled my eyes at her comment. Why not just go the fuck home instead of bringing your sour puss ass to the party. Violet took Ginger's question as an opportunity to reveal her true thoughts in the most passive aggressive manner.
"Weeeeeelllll...you remember me telling you about that nigga I met some months back with that booooomb daddy dick... Uh I'm getting excited just thinking about him," she cooed as she smiled from ear to ear. Violet took another small sip of her drink before looking at me menacingly. "You know how that is Cori, don't you," she teased the the bitch winked at me.
Caught completely off guard by the blow she had dealt, I felt my jaw drop to the floor in complete dramatic fashion. I quickly picked my face up, hoping it was too dark for anyone to notice.
"Mm hm, I feel you, ma," I replied dryly. This bitch had really just tried it and I was speechless. I felt the wave of embarrassment rush over as my cheeks went flush. I tried my hardest to shake the feeling, but Violet had truly gotten under my skin. I felt so silly.

"Anyway girl," Violet started again, this time speaking directly to Ginger. At this point, the crowd of Chrissy's admires had dispersed and she had made her way over to our conversation.
"Anyway girl what," Chrissy demanded. "Whatcha'll over her talking about bitch?!"
"Oh I was just explaining to the girls about my little honey waiting for me at my place later," Violet responded while staring into my eyes menacingly. Damn this girl was some other kind of evil. It really was crazy how you had to worry about running into the devil in the form of this bicth.
"Bitch you talkin' bout Mr. Hollywood, that nigga we met at that after party or whatever," Chrissy screeched."
"That's the one, ma," Violet replied still staring a hole through my heart.
"Girl, he fucked the shit outta me that night. My pussy was dripping wet, had juices soaking his bed, his stomach, his chest, and his damn chin. That boy is a machine, I tell you. Had me popping this pussy for him all night and he's finally back in town, so I needs me some of that," Violet ranted. She touched her neck lightly with the tips of her fingers as she reminisced about her night in dick heaven. She traced her fingers along collar bone down to the middle of her breast. Her head rolled back and her mouth opened as she let out a quiet moan of pure bliss. You would have thought that "Mr. Hollywood" was fucking her right there in front of us.

Suddenly feeling overcome with anger, I decided to meet Violet on her own dirty ass level once again. I can admit it probably wasn't the right thing to do, but I couldn't help it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom

Days have come and gone and yet my heart still feels incomplete. Half there, half missing as I embark on this journey of endurance called life and self discovery. I've managed to stay afloat, to keep my head above water even as the chaotic waves         jerk me              around    violently. Constantly thrown                by the weight of                                off track the pressure I feel to make it. So many times where I want nothing more than to stop swimming... Yes there are times when I want nothing more than to sit it stillness and wait as I see how long for those life altering waves to consume me. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Will it be success or will it be one disastrous storm after another, destroying everything in its path until there's no longer any hope to lose.

What is born under water?

"I was born under water"...I'm actually surprised by the amount of questions I get on this because it is a song lyric, but at the same time I get it. It's not the first thing that pops into your head. Anyway....before I get into the explanation of the the meaning of these lyrics and it's significance to me, I want to take the time to introduce myself which will lead to my point of explaining these lyrics. I am Kennie. I like to go by Kennie because it's easier for people to say for some weird reason. Kennie is short for Akenya...an African name my father insisted I have (very pro black, explains where I get it from). It means artist basically or something like that based on the book he got it from. (Fun fact: it's a man's name. Lol) However doing my own research I haven't been able to find the information from the name book he has. I did find a name that sounded like a variation of my name "Akinyi" and it's of East African or

an excerpt of a poem entitled Thirteen Ways to Watch a Flower

In the sun as her beams shine, Sits the flower center stage Basking in all the glory Fresh scent of Mother Earth all around I lay back as if I am apart of nature And inhale the beauty of one flower It sways and rocks to and fro Like the curves of a woman Dancing in the night Listen closely as you hear the bees Buzzing around to find that one flower That will be the one to share her sweet nectar - Akenya Jenné