Skip to main content

Page 8 of 366

I find it so difficult to accept that even today men are intimidated by strong, powerful, assertive, independent, women. It's disgusting to me that the decisions I make and the lifestyle I choose for myself is constantly scrutinized under a microscope by, usually ain't shit men, just because they feel like they can. They believe that they were born into this patriarchal role that ensures women stay in a woman's place. It's sick if you really take the time to think about it. A bunch of shit face douche bags screaming to the heavens how unpleasant and unappealing today's woman is all because she chooses to assert herself and her space in society.
We live in a place where men decide what behavior is acceptable by a woman, nevermind the fact that she is a human being who breathes and bleeds just as he does, but yet there are many ass wipes out there who believes there power lies within the size of their balls. Hence the reason they feel the need to prove how big they really are all the time. It's just exhausting when you feel like you have to relearn how to be yourself. Since birth you were taught that your value lies in the hands of a man so taking it back and claiming it as your own is not only new, it's somewhat intimidating. You feel the need to fight, not only for yourself but for every woman who walks this earth. You feel the need to constantly explain why you have the right to be whoever it is you want to be, to be everything it is that you want to be, in peace and quiet.
See for some reason these insecure, woman hating losers believe that woman can only be a single type falling under a single category, but we're so tired of that. We're tired of abiding by a set of laws that says you're pure or you're not, you're a whore or you're a good girl. There's just no way that you can be in between. Women are multifaceted, intelligent, soft, powerful beings who exemplify the type of artists God is. We fill our brains with knowledge, yet we find a strength in claiming our sexuality. We work for the top companies, helping a room full of men become richer. We open up our own businesses while raising children, going to school, maintaining households, being the backbone to men everywhere. It's sad we receive so little support in return.
Can someone explain to me what is so horrible about a woman claiming her own identity? So what, you don't approve of her every move, but who died and dubbed you Douche Lord, ruler of the dames? And if the men all free to engage in all the casual sex they want, but women aren't, who exactly are you all having casual sex with? When will you learn that our virtue does not lie within the walls of our womb? Sex is natural and the appetite for it is natural too. Sexual desires were never exclusive to just men or "loose women". It's a reaction that we all have, an urge that we all posses, but one that we try to practice control over...well accept for some of those bitch ass niggas.
I'm just tired, sick and tired of men who walk around with their heads held high, noses pointed directly in the air telling every woman who she is or isn't, who she can and cannot be. Claiming that masculinity is some sort of infection or virus like rabies or something. They can't control their animalistic instincts to control women and to keep them around as sexual property. This, according them is supposed to excuse them from their disgusting behavior, but women are supposed to have way more self control than that. They don't have those urges or desires so they should behave better. It just makes them all the more disgusting and all the more horrifying.
Be leery of the man who refuses to accept your power as ever being acceptable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom

Days have come and gone and yet my heart still feels incomplete. Half there, half missing as I embark on this journey of endurance called life and self discovery. I've managed to stay afloat, to keep my head above water even as the chaotic waves         jerk me              around    violently. Constantly thrown                by the weight of                                off track the pressure I feel to make it. So many times where I want nothing more than to stop swimming... Yes there are times when I want nothing more than to sit it stillness and wait as I see how long for those life altering waves to consume me. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Will it be success or will it be one disastrous storm after another, destroying everything in its path until there's no longer any hope to lose.

What is born under water?

"I was born under water"...I'm actually surprised by the amount of questions I get on this because it is a song lyric, but at the same time I get it. It's not the first thing that pops into your head. Anyway....before I get into the explanation of the the meaning of these lyrics and it's significance to me, I want to take the time to introduce myself which will lead to my point of explaining these lyrics. I am Kennie. I like to go by Kennie because it's easier for people to say for some weird reason. Kennie is short for Akenya...an African name my father insisted I have (very pro black, explains where I get it from). It means artist basically or something like that based on the book he got it from. (Fun fact: it's a man's name. Lol) However doing my own research I haven't been able to find the information from the name book he has. I did find a name that sounded like a variation of my name "Akinyi" and it's of East African or

an excerpt of a poem entitled Thirteen Ways to Watch a Flower

In the sun as her beams shine, Sits the flower center stage Basking in all the glory Fresh scent of Mother Earth all around I lay back as if I am apart of nature And inhale the beauty of one flower It sways and rocks to and fro Like the curves of a woman Dancing in the night Listen closely as you hear the bees Buzzing around to find that one flower That will be the one to share her sweet nectar - Akenya Jenné