Skip to main content

Page 2 of 366

Today it's hard for me to create and find the right words to type. The second day of the new year brings attention to the fact that aspects of your life don't get left behind just because it's the new year. You don't just forget how were feeling the day before, because technically your issue was a problem in last year. The anxiety travels, the angst from which you suffer follows you around like a newly attached puppy.
I have so much I to day due to the billions of thoughts racing through my head but I just can't seem to organize them. I can't process them quickly enough to turn my thoughts into art. Even as I'm typing this now, I'm struggling with finding the right words. I over think, I over process, I over analyze. As I try to sift through my racing thoughts, I try to create, attempting to come up with clever phrases, one that sticks out to an audience and impress them with my impressive skills. The last thought on my mind should be about how my writing will be received and more on the art itself. I can't help but pressure myself into manic episodes fueled by anxiety as I question my worth.
It's a lot more than just being insecure when it has everything to do with being insecure at the same time. I know that may sound confusing, but my point is, is that my lack of confidence in myself as a writer is greater than me believing I lack talent. The issue lies in the fact that, my place in the big cosmic picture is fuzzy. It's like a cloud of mist on a dark night, when you get close to it, the cloud vanishes into thin air like it was never even there.
It's so frustrating when you feel a little bit of everything all at the same time and you're never really sure of exactly what you're feeling and why. Some days are regular day, but then there are some, which has been most lately, where I just can't seem to get a grip of things. I know someone understand how it feels when you're thoughts turn on you as if you tried to tame a wild animal and make it your pet. They overshadow everything else that is happening right in front of you, taking you away from the moment you're in. Can you imagine living like that? A life where your thoughts interfere with your ability to experience moments in life as they happen, only giving you sparse, short opportunities for escape.
The goal though is to continue to fight the doom and gloom that works tirelessly to ruin my life, turning me into a zombie. It always gets a little more difficult, always when I think Im making progress. It's so easy to sit there and feel what you're feeling. Just let the dead and empty feeling take over because you're out the energy to fight. But somehow you have to find it from somewhere, force it even just so that you can prove to yourself that your heart is still beating. Forcing it seems to be the only option, especially when your only other choice is to sit back and let the darkness win. It's an exhausting battle when every cell in your body just wants to sit in stillness. You subconscious constantly instructing you to sit and wait and wallow as the time passes you by, manipulating you into believing that you just have to wait it out. Waiting comes with action if you want any results, so here I am sitting in my bed typing whatever words come to my mind. Trying not to concern myself with how entertaining someone will find this blog, or if anyone will care to really read it. I just want to express myself, using my words to release a little bit of this harmful energy from myself and to hopefully bring comfort to another. It's hard to write right now, I don't feel like a writer anymore. It still doesn't feel authentic yet. Forcing it feels ugly in the moment, but I think it helps in the long run. Maybe I feel stupid now, but as I write more, as I give my audience more substance, the feeling will become more natural. At least that's what I hope. I wanna get back to a place of peace, a place where it'll finally feel good again to do all of the things I love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom

Days have come and gone and yet my heart still feels incomplete. Half there, half missing as I embark on this journey of endurance called life and self discovery. I've managed to stay afloat, to keep my head above water even as the chaotic waves         jerk me              around    violently. Constantly thrown                by the weight of                                off track the pressure I feel to make it. So many times where I want nothing more than to stop swimming... Yes there are times when I want nothing more than to sit it stillness and wait as I see how long for those life altering waves to consume me. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Will it be success or will it be one disastrous storm after another, destroying everything in its path until there's no longer any hope to lose.

What is born under water?

"I was born under water"...I'm actually surprised by the amount of questions I get on this because it is a song lyric, but at the same time I get it. It's not the first thing that pops into your head. Anyway....before I get into the explanation of the the meaning of these lyrics and it's significance to me, I want to take the time to introduce myself which will lead to my point of explaining these lyrics. I am Kennie. I like to go by Kennie because it's easier for people to say for some weird reason. Kennie is short for Akenya...an African name my father insisted I have (very pro black, explains where I get it from). It means artist basically or something like that based on the book he got it from. (Fun fact: it's a man's name. Lol) However doing my own research I haven't been able to find the information from the name book he has. I did find a name that sounded like a variation of my name "Akinyi" and it's of East African or

an excerpt of a poem entitled Thirteen Ways to Watch a Flower

In the sun as her beams shine, Sits the flower center stage Basking in all the glory Fresh scent of Mother Earth all around I lay back as if I am apart of nature And inhale the beauty of one flower It sways and rocks to and fro Like the curves of a woman Dancing in the night Listen closely as you hear the bees Buzzing around to find that one flower That will be the one to share her sweet nectar - Akenya Jenné