Skip to main content

The Chosen One: An Erotic Poem

I haven't been touched since the day he left
A few have tried but the tips of their fingers pass right through me
As if I'm not even there
Invisible or an apparition
Blending into my surroundings
Because I turn down the noise
In fear of
Being louder than they all expect
I can't seem to feel anything 
Besides the growing disappointment
With deep roots planted in my loins, 
It's limbs outstretched 
Covering all signs of pleasure with 
It's thick black cloud of smoke,
Rolling in like tsunami waves 
But in you came like the strongest
Gust of wind
With your heart reaching towards the heavens
Not even the darkness and depth of the oceans in which I reside
Could make you flinch or bat your eyes
You subdued me even before letting your hands graze my soft
Yet neglected body
You pierce through my soul
As you analyze all the unkept desires
Hidden behind
Eyes too loud 
To hold secrets
But quiet enough 
To go unnoticed 
By the masses
You hold me close enough
That I sink into you 
Completely
We become one as your arms
Begin to squeeze tighter 
As if there was anywhere else 
I'd rather run to
I lay there renewed head to
Your chest as I
Die over and over
Til the sun awakes
Creeping through your blinds 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom

Days have come and gone and yet my heart still feels incomplete. Half there, half missing as I embark on this journey of endurance called life and self discovery. I've managed to stay afloat, to keep my head above water even as the chaotic waves         jerk me              around    violently. Constantly thrown                by the weight of                                off track the pressure I feel to make it. So many times where I want nothing more than to stop swimming... Yes there are times when I want nothing more than to sit it stillness and wait as I see how long for those life altering waves to consume me. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Will it be success or will it be one disastrous storm after another, destroying everything in its path until there's no longer any hope to lose.

What is born under water?

"I was born under water"...I'm actually surprised by the amount of questions I get on this because it is a song lyric, but at the same time I get it. It's not the first thing that pops into your head. Anyway....before I get into the explanation of the the meaning of these lyrics and it's significance to me, I want to take the time to introduce myself which will lead to my point of explaining these lyrics. I am Kennie. I like to go by Kennie because it's easier for people to say for some weird reason. Kennie is short for Akenya...an African name my father insisted I have (very pro black, explains where I get it from). It means artist basically or something like that based on the book he got it from. (Fun fact: it's a man's name. Lol) However doing my own research I haven't been able to find the information from the name book he has. I did find a name that sounded like a variation of my name "Akinyi" and it's of East African or

an excerpt of a poem entitled Thirteen Ways to Watch a Flower

In the sun as her beams shine, Sits the flower center stage Basking in all the glory Fresh scent of Mother Earth all around I lay back as if I am apart of nature And inhale the beauty of one flower It sways and rocks to and fro Like the curves of a woman Dancing in the night Listen closely as you hear the bees Buzzing around to find that one flower That will be the one to share her sweet nectar - Akenya Jenné