Skip to main content

Me and Mr. Hollywood - Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I laid there on the massage table for a while. My bottom jaw had dropped and I was stuck in shock. My mind was racing with thoughts. Who was this girl? How the fuck did she get in here? What the fuck did I just get myself into? Did that really just happen? Ten minutes or so had passed before I gathered my thoughts and then just like that I was fine. Of course, I wasn't okay with the situation, but something came over me while I was sitting there on that table. I'm not too sure exactly what "it" was, but it was like a numbness. I went from being on the verge of tears to being dangerously calm.

I dressed quickly and then headed to the door. I paused as I reached out for the knob, taking a moment to prepare for whatever was to come once I stepped outside of that room. Once I got in the hallway I could hear Donovan and his mystery woman attempting to have a hushed argument. I didn't want them to hear me coming so I crept down the hallway as quietly as I could. When I got closer to the living room, I realized that they weren't there. He had taken her into his den that was located in the back corner of the living room area, separated by two sliding doors. The doors weren't closed all the way and I could see Donovan as he fussed at her. He looked irate as he spoke to her, but I could tell he was trying his best to remain calm. I couldn't see anything, but the back of the woman's head. She didn't really seem like anyone I was familiar with.

It didn't seem that their conversation would end anytime soon so I figured that was my chance to leave before the situation got anymore awkward. Just as I walked toward the door to make my escape, I turned around to be sure neither one of them noticed me. But of course when I looked up Donovan was staring right at me. His eyes were full of confusion at first and then pain as he realized I was leaving. He figured that we would get rid of shorty that just let herself in and then have the chance to explain himself. At that point I wasn't interested in his explanation I just wanted to get back to my apartment where I could be alone. Donovan was supposed to be my best friend, but I felt like just another one of his bitches. He used an extremely vulnerable moment to act out his sexual fantasies with me and yet here was some woman walking into his apartment like she lived there. I was extra careful to stay completely silent during my exit up until I yelled, "See ya later boo," while slamming his door with all my strength.

I can only imagine the face he made when ole girl realized that a woman had just left his house, especially while they were in the middle of an argument. It was petty, I know, but it made me feel a little better knowing I ruined any chance of him enjoying the rest of his day with her.

Thankfully there was an empty cab slowing down the narrow street in front of Donovan's apartment when I stepped outside. As I rode the five or so minutes back to my place, I stared out the window at the sky. I was hoping that I would open my eyes and wake up back in my bed. I was hoping my ex breaking up with me and Donovan playing me for a fool was all apart of a really bad dream. I closed my eyes in an attempt to escape my own self. I felt so much shame and disgust. I wasn't that girl who gets over a man by hopping in bed with another one. You can only imagine the embarrassment I felt when it blew up in my face after the one and only time.
Once I got back to my place I headed straight to kitchen where my liquor cabinet was and poured myself a shot of Hennessy in a small glass. I downed the shot as I walked back to my room with the bottle in tow. I needed a sense of security at that point. All I wanted was to feel comfy and safe so I crawled in bed, pouring myself another extra large shot to take before I buried myself beneath my huge fluffy blanket. I was feeling slightly buzzed from the Hennessy and before long, I closed my eyes and fell right to sleep. I woke up a few times during my nap and I forced myself back to sleep every time. I was more than disappointed when I woke up to see that the day had yet to change. The plan was to fall asleep and wake up the next morning, pretending that none of what happened at Donovan's place actually happened.

The first couple of times, I woke up from back to back phone calls from Donovan. I ignored them, of course. When I woke up again I saw that he had texted a bunch of times and even left a few voicemails, but I didn't open any of them. My friend Bella called me as well, which was a pleasant surprise. Bella and I met my freshmen year of college while I was working part time at a daycare as a teachers assistant. We both were assistants for the babies and toddlers and became close almost immediately. Bella was the complete opposite of me. I was always the shy girl who kept to herself, but Bella was the life of the party. She knew everybody and everybody knew her.

I decided to stay awake to call Bella back and see what she wanted. It had been a few weeks since we last spoke and her timing couldn't have been any better. She answered on the second ring in her soft baby voice.
"Bout time I hear from you bitch! I was starting to think my baby forgot about me."
"Now you know I could never forget my Bella, it's just been a little crazy over here," I replied. "When are you coming back to me ,anyway," I added.
"That's actually why I called you. I'm coming back home tonight so have some dinner waiting for me or das gon be yo ass," Bella joked.
Bella was a dancer and she had gained a lot of popularity around that time so she spent a lot of time traveling out of state to dance at different clubs. She had her own apartment in NY, but we spent so much time apart that past year so whenever she came into town she just stayed with me. She told that I should be expecting her around 7 or 8 that evening and to be ready to party.
"Party? The fuck you mean party girl? I'm not going no where tonight," I snapped.
"Too bad you're confused right now. See ya tonight and don't forget to send pics of ya outfit, love you," Bella said before hanging up on me.

I really wasn't in a partying mood, but I guess it was better than sulking in bed all night. The biggest issue I had with going out was that Bella would most likely bring her friends from the strip club. She didn't have many, but I was only cool with two of them while the rest were never my cup of tea. The friends that I got along with were really cool down-to-earth girls like Bella who didn't let their job change them. The other girls from the club that she hung out with were too wrapped up in the hype of everything. They were so concerned with living up to whatever image they thought was expected of them. They were really unwelcoming to other women, always whispering and pointing to themselves as someone they didn't know walked by. They also loved to brag about how much money they had, making sure that any chick seen with them was broke , or at least looked the part.

There was still a good four hours of time to kill before Bella would be at my house so I made myself useful and cleaned up before starting dinner. My apartment was already clean for the most part, but I needed to keep myself busy. By the time everything was clean, it was quarter to 6, leaving me the perfect amount of time to start dinner. I didn't want to make a big dinner, but I wanted it to be special for Bella so I made her favorite, lamb lasagna with garlic bread. I always got joy from feeding my friends.

When Bella arrived, dinner had just came out of the oven and I had just finished a shower.
"I hope my dinner is ready," she teased as she walked through the door.
"Bella! You're home," I exclaimed as I ran to meet her at the door. We greeted each other with a friendly peck on the lips before I picked up her bag to take into the room.
"Go ahead and make your plate boo, I'm gonna eat after I get dressed," I stated before disappearing down the short walkway to my room.

It took me all of 10 minutes to get dressed which is different from my normal routine. I just threw the first thing on that I saw while digging through my closet and luckily it worked. When I returned to the Kitchen, Bella had already finished her dinner and was laying on the couch, flipping through channels.
"So are you gonna tell me what's been goin' on ova here since I been gone or nah," Bella asked.

I looked at her with confused look. At first I wasn't sure what she was getting at, but eventually it all sunk in. Bella was literally the best friend I never had. She understood things about me that even my blood relatives never could. She must have sensed that something was off about me. It's not like I was any good at hiding it. I could put a smile on my face just fine and all, but my true feelings were always visible in my eyes and in my mannerisms. I could never hide them no matter how hard I tried. Still, I tried to play dumb with Bella. I had, had enough drama to last me through the week and I wanted that night to be all about having fun.

"You gonna tell me or not boo," she repeated. "I know somethin' is up cuz your eyes seem sad and you didn't say shit about Chris since I got here. That's just not like you Cori."

I turned away from her. Her words felt like the bandaid I used to patch myself up was being ripped off. My eyes started to burn from the tears that formed in the corners, but I refused to let myself cry. My best friend was back in town and she would stay at my place to keep me company. I just wanted to enjoy her for the night. I didn't want to think about Chris breaking up with me and I especially didn't want to think about Donovan. He didn't just hurt my feelings, he used me and left me feeling like trash. I couldn't believe I had called that man my best friend for the last year and he would do something so vile to me. I knew what type of man he was prior because we were close. I just never imagined that the same person who took me in and cared for me when I had nothing would cross such a very thick line.

I wanted to tell Bella what had been going on. I really did want to. But I just knew that telling her would ruin the night. It was the best feeling in the world just being around her. I was genuinely happy for the first time that day all because my Bella had come home. So instead of rehashing all of the bull shit that had been going on, I chose to lie. "I really don't know what you're talking about Bella. I'm about to go do my make up. Do you wanna come in there with me or stay here," I added to try and change the topic of discussion.
"You're full of shit Cori, ya know that," Bella teased with a huge grin on her face.
"I am not full of shit," I responded with a laugh. "There's really nothing I care to share right now and I do need to do my make up, unless you just wanna stay here tonight," I added.
"So there is somethin' to share, you just wanna be secretive? Got it."
"Bella don't be like that," I said as I playfully rubbed my hand all over her chest and her ass.
"Whatever bitch," she snapped at me. "We can stay in the house for real, for real if that means you'll stop all'at fuckin' lying!"
I rolled my eyes at her before grabbing hold of her arm. "Yes mom", I chimed in the best imitation of a child's voice I could manage while we walked off to my bedroom.

I went to my connected bathroom where I had set up some sort of vanity on the sink. Bella stayed on my bed taking selfies until she spotted my bottle of Hennessy.
"What time are we supposed to be ready," I shouted from the bathroom.
"I mean it's whenever you ready to go honestly."
"ME," I asked in confusion. "Why the fuck is everybody waiting on me to be ready?"
"We're not. Relax ma. It's just that Toya and Cherry take a year and some change so I just told them to meet us there. One of them may be working tonight, now that I think about it."
I let out a small sigh of relief. I hated the pressure of knowing that I would be holding up a group of people from going out and I hated to be rushed.
My thought was interrupted when Bella came to the door, holding up the liquor bottle to her face as she grinned at me.
"Cooooooo-riiiiiii," she sang out. "You know this is my shit."
"I know it is," I said as put down my make up brush to snatch the bottle out of her hand. "And it's not for you bitch." The both of us erupted briefly in laughter which gave Bella enough time to steal the bottle back when I wasn't paying attention.

We took turns taking gulps from the bottle while she told me stories about her latest pole tour. She wasn't just a really pretty stripper with a nice body, but she also had a lot of talent on the pole. She even started creating her own tricks and stunts when she got bored with all the old ones she had already mastered. I remember working as a waitress at one of the Bella's old clubs. She had got met he job shortly after we became inseparable. I remember being frozen at times, watching her mesmerized every time she was up on stage.

By the time my make up was finished, we were pretty tipsy. We would burst out giggling every time we made eye contact like we were sharing the world's funniest jokes through telepathy or something.
"So now that I got you drunk, can I know what's been going on please?"
"Ugh Bella! You can just never leave well enough alone, can you," I joked even though I was slightly annoyed. I hated when she pushed me and she knew that. This was supposed to be ladies night, a fun night full of turning up and shenanigans. I took a deep sigh and another really big shot before I told Bella about the night Chris broke up with me and then about Donovan and the mystery woman letting herself into his house. She was silent at first, after I finished speaking. It was weird because she just had this blank stare on her face and I couldn't guess what she was thinking. I left her sitting on my bed as I walked over to the dresser to grab the Hennessy bottle. The silence was making me anxious and I preferred to take the edge off with a shot rather than stare at Bella awkwardly as I waited.

Finally she spoke, "So you're never speaking to Donovan again right?"
"I don't know man. Never is a long time, but the situation is so fucked up, I'm honestly not even sure what I feel right now. I feel this liquor though, I'm really feeling it actually. And I'm feeling this dress you got on girl, witcho bad ass," I stated playfully as I seductively stepped closer to Bella. I positioned myself in between her legs like I usually did when we flirted together playfully. Something different happened this time. Maybe it was the mix of Henny and the length of time we had spent away from each other that was making the sensual tension in the air extremely thick.

Bella worked with gorgeous women with amazing bodies almost every night and she would sometimes tell me stories of special occasions where she would be hired by certain famous women for secret rendezvous. She never gave me names of the women, most likely because they still called her for her services every now and then. She was totally against the idea of being hired for private dates when it was the big drug dealers and the rappers who wanted to do it. But once the women started paying attention, she was completely sold on the idea, without a second thought. They literally sought her out through various, random connections. They would find her even if she wasn't in the same city as them or even if they never seen all that is "Bella" in person. There was a lot of greatness to Bella. I didn't consider myself to be a lesbian or anything like that, but I would try just about anything for Bella.

We had messed around twice before, but nothing extreme. Just a lot of kissing and fondling and both times were alcohol induced. Bella really was into girls and was a lot more experienced than I was at the lesbi-honest thing, so she was never comfortable with taking it all the way with me. She worried that experimenting with her would just confuse me and/or cause issues between us two and Chris. But Chris was no longer in the picture and I was too deep in my "fuck it" mentality to think first before I acted.

"Cori what are you doing baby girl," Bella asked in a seductive tone.
"I'm just smelling you're perfume. Mm what is that anyway," I lied with a smirk. I tried to walk off as if I really was just trying to smell whatever body spray Bella had put on, but she grabbed my arm, keeping me face to face with her.
"Oh you like my perfume," she asked in a low seductive tone. Her words were slow and deliberate as she stared deep into my eyes.
"You're so pretty Bella," I said with a grin as I couldn't help but admire her beauty. "Now get off me, I want some more to drink." I pulled away from Bella and our playful flirting to find the Hennessy bottle. "What should I wear boo," I asked as I made my way over to the closet. Before I  cold turn to look at her for her response, she was pressed against me, her chest to my back. "I'm not sure, but let's get these sweats and shit off so we can try on some stuff. Ooh this looks cute," she said excitedly as she reached over my shoulder, grabbing a black dress. The dress was skin tight and backless with a plunging neckline. It was cute, but I had better outfits in my closet.
"I don't know if I wanna wear that ma," I whined at Bella.
"Well take ya shit off so you can at least try it on," she fussed back. Before I could protest, Bella was pulling my pants down and lifting my sports bra up over my head.

I tried on the dress she pulled out the closet along with a few more club dresses she had made for me a while back.
"Yup, THAT'S THE ONE," she exclaimed as I put on another black dress, midi length, with long sleeves, and a plunging neckline that had to be laced up. I didn't have much of a chest but my ass was pretty fat. The dress accentuated my shapely lower half, causing me to look a little thicker than usual.
"Mm you look good girlie," Bella said as she took a hold of my hand to spin me around.
"Thank you honey! Alright let me just find some shoes and then we can walk over to the train," I said as I fished through my closet for a pair of nude heels. "Well the girls still aren't close to being ready yet if you wanna smoke, or drink some more, or....something else," she said with a devilish grin. "You wanna smoke right now," I asked her hoping she would say no.
"We don't have to Cori, just a suggestion." She fell silent as her eyes roamed around the room.She had a mischievous look to her face as if she was plotting behind my back.
"Come here, I wanna show you something," she said. I walked toward her hesitantly and when I got close enough she yanked me the rest of the way. "Don't be no punk girl," Bella sad and she gently began to peel the bottom of the dress up and over my thighs, hips, then ass.
"Bella, you shouldn't do that," I managed to say through giggles. "We need to get ready to head to the club.
"The club can wait," she said while playing with my ass. Her finger tips just barely tickled my lips and she ran her hands all over. "And all of a sudden I'm feeling' a little hungry again, ma," she laughed. Just as I was about to give in, Bella's phone rang.

"Hello," she answered. "Oh hey Toya," she stated in a disappointed tone. "You're on your way to the club? Oh well Cori and I need a little bit, she's still beating her face," she lied. Immediately I moved closer to where she was standing, trying to tell her to let them know we were on the way without them hearing. She waved her hand to let me know she was dismissing me and turned her back to finish the made up story she was telling Toya. She wasn't paying me any attention so I came up behind her to snatch the phone.
"Hey, Toya? Hey boo, it's Cori. I just finished my make up, this drunk bitch been taking shots since she got here. Don't pay her no mind." Toya believed my lie just as easy as she believed Bella's and we were off the phone. "Well, next time baby. I promise." I laughed as I kissed Bella on her forehead before I grabbed my heels and headed to the front door of my apartment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom

Days have come and gone and yet my heart still feels incomplete. Half there, half missing as I embark on this journey of endurance called life and self discovery. I've managed to stay afloat, to keep my head above water even as the chaotic waves         jerk me              around    violently. Constantly thrown                by the weight of                                off track the pressure I feel to make it. So many times where I want nothing more than to stop swimming... Yes there are times when I want nothing more than to sit it stillness and wait as I see how long for those life altering waves to consume me. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Will it be success or will it be one disastrous storm after another, destroying everything in its path until there's no longer any hope to lose.

What is born under water?

"I was born under water"...I'm actually surprised by the amount of questions I get on this because it is a song lyric, but at the same time I get it. It's not the first thing that pops into your head. Anyway....before I get into the explanation of the the meaning of these lyrics and it's significance to me, I want to take the time to introduce myself which will lead to my point of explaining these lyrics. I am Kennie. I like to go by Kennie because it's easier for people to say for some weird reason. Kennie is short for Akenya...an African name my father insisted I have (very pro black, explains where I get it from). It means artist basically or something like that based on the book he got it from. (Fun fact: it's a man's name. Lol) However doing my own research I haven't been able to find the information from the name book he has. I did find a name that sounded like a variation of my name "Akinyi" and it's of East African or

an excerpt of a poem entitled Thirteen Ways to Watch a Flower

In the sun as her beams shine, Sits the flower center stage Basking in all the glory Fresh scent of Mother Earth all around I lay back as if I am apart of nature And inhale the beauty of one flower It sways and rocks to and fro Like the curves of a woman Dancing in the night Listen closely as you hear the bees Buzzing around to find that one flower That will be the one to share her sweet nectar - Akenya Jenné