Skip to main content

Me and Mr. Hollywood - Chapter 4

We made it to the train station in record time. It was only a couple of blocks away from my apartment, but we were wearing tight ass, leg constricting dresses and extremely high heels. There was no conservative or relaxed dressing when I went out with Bella. It had to always be go big or don't even come out with her at all. Bella was mostly quiet the entire time, even when we finally got on the train. I could tell that she was some what irritated with me for interrupting our moment earlier, but she tried to play it off by throwing a few forced winces that were supposed to give the impression of a smile every so often. I didn't like it when my friends were upset with me. It felt like the sky was falling or something. It was just that horrible or a feeling.

Bella had the worst attitude of anyone I had ever met and she was the biggest, most spoiled brat. No child nor their temper tantrums had anything on Bella when she couldn't get her way. Most people questioned how I dealt with her so intimately and for so long. Our personalities seemed to be at either end of the spectrum to outsiders, Bella being at the more extreme end. I always came off as being extremely reserved, which I was, however their were limits to my timidness.

I was terrible at cheering my friends up when they were mad at me, mostly because it made me uncomfortable. I mean it just didn't make sense to me to sit there with her in awkward silence. She was finally back in town, something I felt like I was dying for. Besides, who would enjoy being out in a club setting with thirsty ass men fueled by liquor and naked women gyrating if they were in a bad mood. I figured teasing her playfully would make light of the situation and change her mood, or at least make her smile a little bit. There really wasn't much reason for her to be annoyed with me anyway. We were just friends. Of course we had our wild nights that may have seemed like it was something more to our bond, but what attracted us to one another was spiritual, not sexual.

It must have just been one of Bella's bratty moods and the Hennessy wouldn't help her process her mood anymore rationally. I grabbed her hand and squeezed tight, but of course she immediately snatched it away. "C'mon Bella fix your fucking face girl," I said as I leaned in to attack her with kisses like an annoying little sister. I began to giggle as she dodged my kisses, moving her head whenever I came close or smooshing my head away with her hand. She was strong too, shoving my face so hard, my head tilted all the way back and my neck was fully exposed. I tried harder every time she fought back, determined to get her to crack a smile before we made it to our destination.

It took me a while, but I finally saw her crack a smile. It was gone soon after though. She really was over her attitude, I could tell in her body language, but being the brat she was, she had to milk me for a little more of my attention first. Eventually, she was smiling and laughing freely. Bella was never able to stay upset with me for too long. In fact, she liked to argue that I was the spoiled one instead of her being that I could never leave her alone to just be mad at me until she got over it. She may have been right in a way, but she would only say that when she wanted to distract me from teasing her about her bad attitude any further. All of a sudden, Bella noticed something out of the corner of her eye. I had been so focused with cheering Bella up, I hadn't taken much time to really observe the other riders on the train. In fact, I was paying such close attention to harassing Bella, that I didn't realize that we had acquired an audience.
"Look up to your left, but don't make it hot," Bella started. "There's an older man sitting over there in the seat all the way on the end. He won't stop looking over here at us."
"Eww. Seriously," I asked in disgust. That was one of the worst things about being a young woman out in public. You constantly had to deal with creeps being...well creeps. Always stalking you from afar or screaming nonsense at you as if that has ever been a successful way to pick up women. I wanted to see what this old man looked like. I thought of what he may have possibly looked like, visualizing a ghoulish looking elderly man with crazed eyes. I always pictured the demon from those Poltergeist films when I thought of creepy old men. I turned to look at him, but followed Bella's directions by making it discrete. I leaned back slightly in the seat as if I stretching out my back like most people do when they've been sitting down too long. Once I was done with my fake stretching, I adjusted the direction I was facing slightly so I would have a better angle at this old guy and then I flipped my hair so that I had an excuse to look his way.

When I finally got a look at the older gentlemen, he was the complete opposite of what I had imagined. He was definitely far from creepy looking. He actually looked like the stereotypical sweet and innocent old man. He was trying to read the small screen on the top side of the train, informing riders of the upcoming train stops. "He isn't even looking over here Bella. You sure y'all didn't just look up at each other at the same time or something'," I asked
"No." Bella said before sucking her teeth and rolling her eyes at me. "Just listen. I didn't think he was creeping at first, but when you were trying to kiss on me he started making these faces," she stopped in the middle of her explanation as she chuckled quietly.
"What? what faces," I asked. I was beginning to get slightly annoyed that this story explanation was taking so long. I just wanted to get to the point of why Bella pointed him out in the first place. "Bella can you just get to ya point already?"
"Relax. Just let me tell my story, DAMN," she said before started back where she left off. "He was making faces like he was horrified or something, like he saw the worst thing ever." She stopped speaking to let out a laugh again. I rolled my eyes before leaning my head back and letting out a long dramatic sigh. Bella was terrible at telling stories or explaining things. She was always getting distracted or stopping in the middle, which usually meant I would never hear the end of that story. Sometimes she would get through a whole story, but they always dragged. By the time she finally got to her point, chances were, I was no longer interested.
"Bella if you don't get to yo mutha fuckin' point right now I swea----"
"Okay shut up already," she interrupted, trying to rush back to the story. She knew I would tell her that soon I wasn't going to listen to the story any more and she wanted to avoid more of my fussing. "I think he thinks we're like a couple. He's still peeking over here every now and again, I guess to see if we'll kiss or something," she said jokingly. "See! See! Look at him! He keeps peeking around the guy next to him cuz he knows I'm talkin' about his old ass."
I turned slightly, once again, to see that the older gentlemen was indeed leaning up to peer around the body of the man in the seat next to him. When he realized we were already watching him first, he jolted back to his original position. It seemed as if he was attempting to use the guy next to him as a shield. Instead of leaning his whole body up to look at us, he kept his back pressed against the seat, while straining his eyes in our direction so his head never turned much. It was pretty ridiculous to watch once you realized he actually expected his attempt at being sneaky to work.
Bella and I made eye contact, causing us to erupt in a roar of laughter. Just about everyone on the train stopped what they were doing to see where all the noise was coming from and why. We made eye contact once again, realizing that we were probably being a little too loud so we hushed ourselves, leaning in to each other as we continued to giggle and snort amongst ourselves.
"I have an idea," I said once our laughter subsided and we both caught our breaths. "Why don't we give him a reason to look since he's so intrigued."
"Whatchu mean Cori," Bella asked, fully intrigued in whatever I was offering.
"Clearly this old guy is waiting for something interesting to happen so I'm saying we should help him out." I didn't need to say anything else after that, Bella knew exactly where I was going. It always annoyed me that strange men would automatically assume the two of us were a couple every time we went out together. It seemed women could never go out and enjoy each other's company in carefree fashion without it turning into a peepshow. This old guy hadn't even seen anything hinting towards a romantic relationship between Bella and I, and yet there he was still observing us like wild animals.

"Just follow my lead," I said to Bella while peering at the old man. He was exactly where I wanted him, peeking around the face of his seat neighbor, pretending as if he was completely invisible. I waited until the old man and I made eye contact before I got the show started. Once the stage was set, I lifted my left leg from its resting position on top of my thigh, slowing developing upward until I had cleared the height of Bella's lap. Just as if I was dancing in a burlesque, strip tease show, I dropped my leg slowly over her thighs. Catching on rather quickly as if this scene between us was synchronized, Bella grabbed onto the back of my thigh. Her hand slid up and down the back of my thighs. Occasionally her fingers would slip deliberately underneath my skin tight dress. Our movements were so together, it was like a dance. I leaned into Bella, bringing my mouth dangerously close to her neck. I began whispering jokes about the old man watching us as if he was staring at ghost, making sure he saw as my lips brushed up against her skin.

We were getting pretty close to our stop and I wanted to finish our little show with a bang. To Bella's surprise I reached my left arm over her and stuck my hand between her legs. I didn't play with her sexually, but I could feel her clit pulsating slightly beneath my thumb. Her eyes went big when I first put my hand down their. I had never been that aggressive with Bella before. The few times that we did mess around with each other in more intimate siutations, she was always the one to initiate and always the one to lead. Bella had never seen me so aggressive before. It caught her so off guard that she was tempted to come out of character to see what had gotten into me. I could tell how she was feeling because her eyes had a slight hint of confusion in them. Before she could process what was going on, I let my character take over as I started to kiss every piece of exposed skin between her face and her chest.

You could tell from his body language, that the old man was trying not to watch our public show of affection anymore, but for whatever reason he couldn't seem to pull himself away. His eyes grew big as Bella and I playfully used our hands to explore the bare skin on each others' bodies. We were sure to keep it pretty softcore from that point on. I just barely stroked her arms as her fingers danced around down by my knees. We started to approach the next stop. Our stop was the one after that. The old man grabbed a hold of his chest, reminding me of an old Southern church lady clenching her pearls. . I almost thought he was going to have a heart attack or something the way his eyes popped out of his head. His breathing even seemed to speed up. I was shocked at how dramatic his reaction was. I knew he was surprised to see, what he thought was two lesbians expressing their affection for each other on a train full of people, but his reaction was a bit much. I just wanted to fuck with the poor old guy a little bit, but I never wanted to cause him any harm. A quick wave of guilt came over me all of a sudden and I had to stop everything I was doing. I was completely out of character now, watching at the old man, anxiously awaiting to see if he would be alright.

The train began to slow down and soon it came to a complete stop. The old man was still staring at the two of us in a trance like state even though the little show we were putting on for him was over. The doors opened and the speakers chimed then the old man's head snapped to the right, in the direction of the small train window. He shot straight up to his feet, shuffling out of the door faster than his body could manage. He almost tripped over his own feet more than a couple times before he was completely out of the train car. His eyes remained glued on us until the train doors were closed and he made it a safe distance away on the platform.

"Well that was pretty weird," Bella said with a chuckle.
"Did you see that old man. I thought we damn near killed him," I added.
"Well thank God we didn't kill em cuz it woulda been yo fault."
"MY fault," I yelled back at Bella. "Why on Earth would it be my fault that not all old people are progressive enough to accept love in all it's many forms," I stated in an innocent tone.
"Bitch please," Bella laughed. "Now you know you was fuckin' with that man on purpose. You ain't right," She laughed again.
I nudged her in her arm as I rolled my eyes to her comment. It may have been my idea, but she sure as hell didn't have any arguments. Besides it was fun messing around with that old man. I just wasn't expecting him to take it so seriously.

The train stopped again, signaling that it was time for us to finally get off. It always felt like a journey to the other side of the world on the train ride to Brooklyn, especially when you were impatient like me. A small group of young guys were dancing for a tiny crowd on the platform. Club music blasted from the large speakers sitting on the ground as the boys showed off their dance and acrobatic skills. They were really good. I found myself letting a few, "damn's", "wow's", and "ooooooohhhhh's", slip as we stopped in the back of the crowd to preview their show. I wasn't the only person who was admiring their work either. They had a large basket on the ground in front of them overflowing with dollar bills down to the floor. Of course the bills were mostly singles, but there were some folks impressed enough to add a few fives, tens, and even one twenty to the young dancers' collection.

The end of their performance was met by and uproar of cheers, whistles, and applause. It was refreshing to see how humbled they were by their audiences' response. You could tell by how they thanked everyone and bashfully bowed their heads in appreciation. Before exiting the subway station to the street, Bella quickly snatched a fifty dollar bill from her purse to drop in the young mens' basket. She moved on quickly as if nothing just happened, but the guys stared after her in amazement. A part of me felt like it was because she just gave them fifty dollars like it was nothing. The other part of me felt like they had just experience Bella in the flesh, and like the many men before them, had fallen victim to her spell. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bottom

Days have come and gone and yet my heart still feels incomplete. Half there, half missing as I embark on this journey of endurance called life and self discovery. I've managed to stay afloat, to keep my head above water even as the chaotic waves         jerk me              around    violently. Constantly thrown                by the weight of                                off track the pressure I feel to make it. So many times where I want nothing more than to stop swimming... Yes there are times when I want nothing more than to sit it stillness and wait as I see how long for those life altering waves to consume me. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Will it be success or will it be one disastrous storm after another, destroying everything in its path until there's no longer any hope to lose.

What is born under water?

"I was born under water"...I'm actually surprised by the amount of questions I get on this because it is a song lyric, but at the same time I get it. It's not the first thing that pops into your head. Anyway....before I get into the explanation of the the meaning of these lyrics and it's significance to me, I want to take the time to introduce myself which will lead to my point of explaining these lyrics. I am Kennie. I like to go by Kennie because it's easier for people to say for some weird reason. Kennie is short for Akenya...an African name my father insisted I have (very pro black, explains where I get it from). It means artist basically or something like that based on the book he got it from. (Fun fact: it's a man's name. Lol) However doing my own research I haven't been able to find the information from the name book he has. I did find a name that sounded like a variation of my name "Akinyi" and it's of East African or

an excerpt of a poem entitled Thirteen Ways to Watch a Flower

In the sun as her beams shine, Sits the flower center stage Basking in all the glory Fresh scent of Mother Earth all around I lay back as if I am apart of nature And inhale the beauty of one flower It sways and rocks to and fro Like the curves of a woman Dancing in the night Listen closely as you hear the bees Buzzing around to find that one flower That will be the one to share her sweet nectar - Akenya Jenné