Skip to main content

The Bottom

Days have come and gone
and yet my heart still feels incomplete.
Half there, half missing
as I embark on this journey
of endurance called life and self discovery.

I've managed to stay afloat,
to keep my head above water
even as the chaotic waves
        jerk
me
             around
   violently.

Constantly thrown                by the weight of
                               off track

the pressure I feel to make it.
So many times where I want
nothing more than to stop swimming...








Yes there are times when I want nothing more
than to sit it stillness
and wait as I see how long for those life
altering waves to consume me.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
Will it be success or will it be one
disastrous storm after another,
destroying everything in its path until
there's no longer any hope to lose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me and Mr. Hollywood - Chapter 5

It was still pretty early for the club when we got there, so there wasn't too much craziness going on inside. Bella spotted someone she knew off towards the back corner of the club and grabbed me to start walking without a word. "You see Toya and Cherry," I asked in confusion. Bella seemed super excited to get to whoever it was she had peeped. "No girl, it's my other home girls I told you we was gon click up wit." "And who the fuck are they," I asked in disgust. I already knew Bella had invited other friends out with us, but I didn't like meeting new people. As sweet and warm as I was, I had a mean petty streak. I hated meeting new bitches in the club and I was in no mood to be out with a large group. I was always doing any and everything for Bella's spoiled ass. I was more than disappointed that Toya and Cherry weren't there first. I should have expected the other bitches though because that was just my luck. "Hey girls! You ...

Me and Mr. Hollywood - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 I laid there on the massage table for a while. My bottom jaw had dropped and I was stuck in shock. My mind was racing with thoughts. Who was this girl? How the fuck did she get in here? What the fuck did I just get myself into? Did that really just happen? Ten minutes or so had passed before I gathered my thoughts and then just like that I was fine. Of course, I wasn't okay with the situation, but something came over me while I was sitting there on that table. I'm not too sure exactly what "it" was, but it was like a numbness. I went from being on the verge of tears to being dangerously calm. I dressed quickly and then headed to the door. I paused as I reached out for the knob, taking a moment to prepare for whatever was to come once I stepped outside of that room. Once I got in the hallway I could hear Donovan and his mystery woman attempting to have a hushed argument. I didn't want them to hear me coming so I crept down the hallway as quietly as I ...