Skip to main content

an excerpt of a poem entitled Thirteen Ways to Watch a Flower

In the sun as her beams shine,
Sits the flower center stage
Basking in all the glory

Fresh scent of Mother Earth all around
I lay back as if I am apart of nature
And inhale the beauty of one flower

It sways and rocks to and fro
Like the curves of a woman
Dancing in the night

Listen closely as you hear the bees
Buzzing around to find that one flower
That will be the one to share her sweet nectar



- Akenya Jenné

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me and Mr. Hollywood - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 I laid there on the massage table for a while. My bottom jaw had dropped and I was stuck in shock. My mind was racing with thoughts. Who was this girl? How the fuck did she get in here? What the fuck did I just get myself into? Did that really just happen? Ten minutes or so had passed before I gathered my thoughts and then just like that I was fine. Of course, I wasn't okay with the situation, but something came over me while I was sitting there on that table. I'm not too sure exactly what "it" was, but it was like a numbness. I went from being on the verge of tears to being dangerously calm. I dressed quickly and then headed to the door. I paused as I reached out for the knob, taking a moment to prepare for whatever was to come once I stepped outside of that room. Once I got in the hallway I could hear Donovan and his mystery woman attempting to have a hushed argument. I didn't want them to hear me coming so I crept down the hallway as quietly as I ...

What is born under water?

"I was born under water"...I'm actually surprised by the amount of questions I get on this because it is a song lyric, but at the same time I get it. It's not the first thing that pops into your head. Anyway....before I get into the explanation of the the meaning of these lyrics and it's significance to me, I want to take the time to introduce myself which will lead to my point of explaining these lyrics. I am Kennie. I like to go by Kennie because it's easier for people to say for some weird reason. Kennie is short for Akenya...an African name my father insisted I have (very pro black, explains where I get it from). It means artist basically or something like that based on the book he got it from. (Fun fact: it's a man's name. Lol) However doing my own research I haven't been able to find the information from the name book he has. I did find a name that sounded like a variation of my name "Akinyi" and it's of East African or...